Arizona Long Term Care System (“ALTCS) is a Medicaid program, administered through the State of Arizona’s AHCCCS program. ALTCS will pay for the cost of various long term care services listed below, for persons residing at an ALTCS participating placement who meet the following criteria:
- Are U.S. Citizens or qualified aliens;
- Have a Social Security Number;
- Are Arizona residents;
- Must apply for all other potential benefits, such as pensions or VA benefits;
- Meet the medical criteria, and;
- Meet the financial (income and resource) criteria.
If the applicant is determined eligible, ALTCS’ available services including the following:
- Attendant Care
- Adult Day Care Programs
- Behavioral Health Services
- Habilitation Services
- Home Health Care
- Home Modification (if medically necessary)
- Non-Emergency Transportation (if medically necessary)
- Respite Care (up to 600 hours per year)
- Support Coordination
- Therapies (occupational, physical, speech)
- Assisted Living (Adult Care Home, Assisted Living, or Memory Care)
- Skilled Nursing Home
If the applicant is determine eligible for ALTCS, the individual will also be enrolled in AHCCCS Acute Care Health Insurance program. If a person has another source of health insurance, such as Medicare, AHCCCS health insurance will serve as a supplement to the primary health insurance.
For detailed information regarding ALTCS benefits, financial and medical criteria, and steps you can take to qualify, call our office to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced elder law attorneys. We have helps hundreds of clients preserve assets, qualify for ALTCS, and have their care needs met.
–Megan Selvey, Attorney at Law